November 9 to November 12 2018
The 62,000 Poppy Project is to be exhibited in the gardens of Kings Park from the 9th to the 12th of November 2018. The 62,000 poppies represent the Australians killed in WWI and will be displayed on Aspect Lawn.
Remembrance Day – November 11 2018
0900 | 3 Battery, 9th Regiment, Royal Australian Regiment will be conducting a Military Gun Salute in Kings Park. The guns will be fired from 0900 and every half an hour until seconds before the 11th hour to symbolise when the guns fell silent.
1030 | Attendants should be seated.
1100 | The annual Commemorative Service will take place at the State War Memorial in Kings Park.
This service will be attended by dignitaries, representatives from Ex-Service Organisations, Cadets, and schoolchildren. Music provided by Churchland Senior High School. All are welcome to attend.
1100 | 100 Buglers will be positioned throughout the Perth CBD to sound The Last Post as one.
1300 | To celebrate the end of WWI, RSLWA will be holding a Centenary of Armistice Community Picnic in the gardens of Government House. This event is free to veterans, their families and the general public. The picnic will be supported by community organisations such as Foodbank WA and Rotary.
What is the best way of getting to the events?
- Remembrance Day Commemorative Service will be held at the State War Memorial, Kings Park at 1030.
- Following the Service, the Centenary of Armistice Picnic will be held at Government House Gardens from 1200 – 1500.
- It is recommended that you take public transport to Remembrance Day Events.
- Please note that Wadjuk Car park within Kings Park will be closed to the general public. If ACROD parking is required, please present valid ACROD accreditation (limited ACROD spaces are available).
- Verge parking is available on May Drive and Lovekin Drive.
- Transperth will be running additional to a Sunday schedule.
- The Kings Park shuttle (Route 935) and Red Cat will be operating on a Sunday schedule.
- The closest car park to the Picnic is the City of Perth open-air carpark on Terrace Road. All City of Perth open-air car parks will be open on Remembrance Day.
- For information on parking availability please download the City of Perth mobile app: http://www.cityofperthparking.com.au/mobile-app
- Please plan your journey and allow extra time to get to your event. For further information on routes and public transport schedules, please visit transperth.wa.gov.au or call 13 62 13. Hearing or speech impaired? Call via NRS 133 677 and ask for 13 62 13.
- The timetable is found here: https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timetablepdfs/Bus%20Timetable%20209%2020180812.pdf.