DVA & Pension Help

Service in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) is unique and is an inherently dangerous occupation. Accidents happen and this can result in personal injury or the onset of a medical condition.

When you do lodge a claim for compensation or benefits to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs it is advisable that you seek the assistance of an ex-service organisation Pension Officer to assist you through the process. RSL Pension Officers understand the unique nature of military service.

Most RSL Sub-Branches throughout Western Australia have trained volunteer Pension Officers who have experience in one or more of the following compensation jurisdictions:

  • Defence, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (DRCA)
  • Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA)
  • Military Rehabilitation & Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA)