04 November 2017
LocationB Shed Fremantle Ports
A fun-filled day for all ages.
Have you ever wondered how ships refuel?
Then tour bunkering vessel Vacamonte at this year’s Maritime Day. There will be action throughout the western end of Victoria Quay, inside historic B Shed and on the water.
It will be a fun-filled day for all ages, with an emphasis on information about the port, the maritime industry and maritime careers.
See and do
- Leeuwin Ocean Adventure vs the Royal Australian Navy Cook-off
- Win a laptop competition, Logistics Council Exhibition
- Mike Lefroy’s free walking tours around Victoria Quay
- Art Collective – Fremantle Art Movement, artists in residence
- Gold coin donation entry, WA Maritime Museum
- Pirate Radio outdoor broadcast
- Entertainment on Victoria Quay and in B Shed featuring a number of schools
- Fremantle Harbour Classic yacht race presented by the Fremantle Sailing Club from 1pm
- Various marching bands, including Ocean Reef Primary School Drumming Corps, Australian Navy Cadets, Fremantle Sailing Club Pipes and Drums