Who can join the RSLWA?
Membership is open to any person who has served in any of the Australian Defence Forces in either:
- World War One
- World War Two
- any conflict thereafter
- or for no less than six months in:
- the Regular or Reserve Forces of any of the countries of the Commonwealth of Nations;
- or of the United States of America;
- or a country not an enemy of Australia is eligible to become a member.
Family members of those who have served and those who have worked within the emergency services are also welcome to join.
Our Service Membership categories fall into:
- Service Membership: For those who have served in the Australian Defence Forces (Regular or Reserve), or with Allied Forces for no less than six months.
- Service Membership (pro rata): Reduced membership fees may apply for new Service Membership where it is sought midway through the year.
Note: If you are currently serving in the Australian Defence Forces, you are welcome to receive the first year of membership free of charge.
Other membership categories are:
- Affiliate Membership: For those who are related to a person eligible for Service Membership or who work for organisations such as Fire Brigade, Police, Nurses, Emergency Services, Prison Officers, Australian Border Force and Cadets (Adult).