ANZAC Day Education
We hope that through educational resources, we can instil in today's youth a pride in their heritage.
The information below comes from the ANZAC Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland's website, which was shortlisted for The Australian Awards for Excellence in Education Publishing for 2003.
We hope that through educational resources, we can instil in today's youth a pride in their heritage. We endeavour to help our youth better understand the sacrifices made by the brave young men who landed at Gallipoli and those who followed their example in later conflicts.
- Medals - A display of medals awarded to Australian service personnel.
- Classroom Activities - A selection of activities for upper primary and secondary pupils. The activities are broadly designed to allow pupils to examine and comment on the circumstances surrounding Australia's involvement in conflicts.
- Useful Local Contacts and Resources - Information to assist students with research for projects and assignments on memorials.
- An introduction to ANZAC Day for Early Childhood - Aims at assisting Early Childhood teachers to instil an understanding of ANZAC Day in their pupils.
- A is for ANZACs - A web based adaptation of Captain Matt Anderson's children's book.
- Maps - A collection of maps relevant to campaigns in which ANZACs were involved.
- Traditions, Facts and Folklore - A web based adaptation of the publication ANZAC Day - Traditions, Facts and Folklore.
- The ANZAC Quiz - A selection of questions and answers on the topic of ANZAC.
- The Australian Commemorative Plaques Project